Topic: Nathaniel Hawthorne’s “The Birthmark”
1. Your essay will propose a central idea (thesis) that is supported and developed with several body paragraphs that grow systematically out of the central idea.
2. Everything in the essay must be directly related to the central idea and must contribute to the reader’s understanding of that central idea.
3. Both the primary source, the selected text, and secondary sources are required to support the thesis.
Four to seven secondary, scholarly sources are required. Do not use unreliable online sources, such as Wikipedia or Sparknotes. Only scholarly sources are accepted.
4. The final paper will be five to seven pages in length, not counting the Works Cited page.
Everything in the paper, including citation and the Works Cited page, must follow current MLA guidelines.
5. The final paper will be typed and double-spaced with one inch margins. Use a 12 point font, such as Times New Roman, and black ink.
6. Submit your paper as a Word document; do not put your paper in an adobe PDF file.
7. The final paper will be well organized, cohesive, and grammatically/ mechanically correct.
8. Give your paper a title.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.