Topic: Assignment Topic: Media Portfolio Unit Name: Cultural Competence In Health Care HEA230
Charles Darwin University
Unit Name: Cultural Competence in Health Care HEA230
Assignment Topic/Task: Media Portfolio
Type of Document: Media Portfolio (not coursework)
This assignment involves the collection and analysis of media material on a current cultural safety in health issue(s). You are required to link contemporary issues as presented in the media with those discussed in the unit outline and in the readings.
Task: You will need to:
1. Identify a specific cultural safety in health issue or issues.
2. Collect a minimum of 4 media items which may include newspaper articles, editorials, letters to the editor, magazine articles, video clips, online blogs and other electronic articles. The sources will need to be local, interstate and possibly international. Utilize a variety of sources in order to assess the breadth and depth of the issue. Using only one source may result is a biased account of the issue.
3. Please note material including cartoons, posters, health promotion YouTube clips, or academic journal articles and government publications are not media items unless they are discussed and cited as a media release or news item.
4. Hot link the reference to the media item in the body of the text.
5. Summarize key issue(s) in the media material collected.
6. Link and/or compare the keys issue/s from the media material to various models and approaches investigated in the unit by citing HEA230 unit content and/or related reference materials.
7. Discuss how the media material might affect or contribute to the current debate or discussion on the issue.
8. Discuss your position and views on the issue as it was presented and explore other perspectives.
9. You will need to read widely on the issue/s, including books, journal articles and government reports.
You may wish to browse through these two references for ideas on why we look at the media in a health unit.
1. Germov, J., & Freij. M. (2013). Media and health: moral panics, miracles, and medicalisation. In J. Germov (Ed.), Second opinion: introduction to health sociology (5th ed.). (pp.337-355). South Melbourne, Vic: Oxford University Press.
2. Willis, K., & Elmer, S. (2011). Society, culture and health an introduction to sociology for nurses. (2nd ed.). (pp45-65). South Melbourne, Vic: Oxford University Press.
Example(as a guide only) and marking criteria file attached. Please follow marking criteria file while writing.
The task is to select an article from the Media it may be a transcript from a radio or TV program. It may also be a news item found in the newspapers or magazines.
Editorials in academic journals or articles from academic journals are not media items nor are web sites.
References: APA 6th style. Must be correct and must have Digital Object Identifier( DOI) if needed. Please check comma, dot.etc. Must be 100% correct.
Please make sure this assignment meets all the academic needs and requirements. Please write according to marking criteria file attached. Correct grammar and meaningful sentences. Please help me to score A+ grade in university.
Top 10 Aussie PHD expert writer only Please. Make this assignment perfect at first time rather than revision time to time.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.