The purpose of this assignment is to identify nursing care models utilized in today’s various health care settings and enhance your knowledge of how models impact the management of care and may influence delegation. You will assess the effectiveness of models and determine how you would collaborate with a nurse leader to identify opportunities for improvement to ensure quality, safety and staff satisfaction.
1. Read your text, Finkelman (2016), pp- 111-116.
2. Observe staff in delivery of nursing care provided. Practice settings may vary depending on availability.
3. Identify the model of nursing care that you observed. Be specific about what you observed, who was doing what, when, how and what led you to identify the particular model.
4. Write a 5-7 page paper.
5. You are required to complete the assignment using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Click on the envelope at the top of the page.
6. Review and summarize two scholarly resources (not including your text) related to the nursing care model you observed in the practice setting.
7. Review and summarize two scholarly resources (not including your text) related to a nursing care model that is different from the one you observed in the practice setting.
8. Discuss your observations about how the current nursing care model is being implemented. Be specific.
9. Recommend a different nursing care model that could be implemented to improve quality of nursing care, safety and staff satisfaction. Be specific.
10. Provide a summary/conclusion about this experience/assignment and what you learned about nursing care models.
11. Write your paper using APA format using Microsoft Office 2010 or later.
12. Submit your paper no later than 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday by the end of Week 5.
Textbook to be used: Third Edition: Leadership and Management for Nurses: Core Competencies for Quality Care by Anita Finkelman. Chapter 13: Improving Teamwork: Collaboration, Coordination, and Conflict Resolution, section on Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, pp. 324-333.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.