Assignment 3—Mini review of the literature
Mode of submission Online via FLO
Length: 2500-3000 words (plus a summary table)
Due date: Monday of week 12 by 11.00 am
The aims of the mini review of the literature are to:
• Build on the knowledge and skills gained for and from assignments 1 and 2
• Extend the student’s skills in locating, analysing, summarising, synthesising and
critiquing evidence for practice
• Understand how evidence can be used and applied to improve nursing practice
• Develop the student’s ability to use the evidence to make recommendations for
clinical practice and research
To write the paper
• Students need to pose a clinical nursing question or think of a clinical nursing issue
they are interested in.
• Students must then locate 10 primary studies relating to their clinical issue.
Students may use the primary sources they used for assignment 2 if they wish.
• Students are required to analyse, summarise and synthesise the findings of those 10
studies, and critique the study designs. They will then be required to develop
recommendations for future practice and research based on the study findings.
• Students will be shown how to construct a critical summary table during one of the
lectures and in class. A summary table is used to assist with analysing, summarising,
synthesising and critiquing study findings, and must be submitted as part of
• The marking rubric for this assignment will be available on FLO.
My chosen mini review question is:
How the registered nurses contribute in preventing malnutrition in hospitalised elderly patients?
LITERATURE REVIEW SUMMARY TABLE
|Author/s (Year)Country||Aims||Sample/ setting||Design/ methods||Main findings||Strengths and limitations of the study|
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.