1) Prepare a Table of Contents for the Health Organisation Workforce Plan using report format.
2) Draft the Introduction for the Workforce Plan.
3) Prepare the external Environmental Scan for the plan using relevant NSW, other States and Territories and national health workforce references including policy and planning documents. Determine if there is a relevant Workforce Plan for public sector health services developed by the Local Health District (NSW), Hospital and Health Services (Queensland) and relevant networks in other States and Territories.
4) Prepare the internal Environmental Scan by:
a. Gathering information on the organisation’s organisational structure,
b. Describing the structures and processes of the organisation’s approach to workforce planning and management, including whether the organisation has a current Workforce Plan, or Strategic, Business or Operational Plans which refer to workforce planning initiatives and strategies.
c. Identifying the extent to which the organisation currently analyses its own current and future workforce supply and requirements, including preparation of a workforce profile.
5) Provide a profile of the organisation’s workforce if data are available. Undertake the data analysis required to support the workforce plan if data are available in order to develop a workforce profile using tables and graphs and supporting explanatory text. If data are not available, describe the workforce profile and use interviews and external sources to identify workforce characteristics, trends, levels of shortage and workforce issues.
6) Based on data analysis and/or interviews with key staff and relevant information from the Environmental Scan, determine whether supply is currently adequate to meet the service demand by workforce category.
7) Based on the previous steps and relevant literature, identify critical issues to be aIDressed in the workforce plan. Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the organisation’s present and future workforce planning strategies.
8) Recommend key strategies to aIDress the critical issues in each of the areas of workforce planning and development, including:
• Recruitment and retention;
• Organisational performance management strategies related to the workforce;
• Utilisation of capability frameworks for identifying and developing skills levels of the workforce;
• Applying skills-mix and workforce redesign strategies to the health workforce;
• Education and training strategies aIDressing workforce development; and
• Strategies for developing workforce efficiency and productivity.
You will be assessed according to the following criteria.
• Executive Summary, References and Appendices are not included in the word count.
• Academic writing skills, use of report format and APA. ( report format file uploaded)
• Ability to introduce the topic and findings in a well summarised Executive Summary.
• Understanding of the process of the development of a health workforce plan.
• Preparation of an Environmental Scan,
• Capacity to analyse workforce profile data including the use of charts and tables to support the analysis and presentation. ( there is a file how to present and use the excel file.)
• Critical analysis and synthesis of the relevant literature to support issues identification and strategies development.
• Write up most of the tables and graphs as an attachment to the report and then in the report use all headings linked to your data analysis
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Then look no further. Our team of experienced writers are on standby to deliver to you a quality written paper as per your specified instructions. Order Now, and enjoy an amazing discount!!
find the cost of your paper
Is this question part of your assignment?
Posted on May 19, 2016Author TutorCategories Question, Questions
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.